Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk

Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk

Sean

Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
with what i seen, so signed up.

Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.

During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
an hour.

I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
website.

I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
than one.

Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

Jono

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e90hso$dof$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
> with what i seen, so signed up.
>
> Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the second
> one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.
>
> During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
> an hour.
>
> I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
> told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
> website.
>
> I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more than
> one.
>
> Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
> the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

Hi Sean,

I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)

Jono.

Sean

Jono wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
> account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.
>
> I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
> people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
> pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)
>
> Jono.

Well, thats what they are saying yes.

But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have
been included no matter if more than one call is going through at the
same time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and
i think still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one
call, they don't charge you extra.

Jono

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e90jif$ep1$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Jono wrote:
>
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited
>> my account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.
>>
>> I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or
>> two people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you
>> should pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)
>>
>> Jono.
>>

> Well, thats what they are saying yes.
>
> But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
> pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have been
> included no matter if more than one call is going through at the same
> time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and i think
> still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one call, they
> don't charge you extra.

I kinow exactly what you mean.

..........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.

Sean

Jono wrote:

> I kinow exactly what you mean.
>
> .........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.

Well, even two calls on BT.. With three way calling.. costs just 30p
connection charge i think.. but calls are still at standard rate.

Brian A

O,n Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:59:17 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
>with what i seen, so signed up.
>
>Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
>second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.
>
>During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
>an hour.
>
>I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
>told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
>website.
>
>I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
>than one.
>
>Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
>the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
They charge 2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
priviledge of 2p/call at peak times. If you were on a BT landline you
would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.
If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
simultaneous calls all for 2/month.
Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
call charges are concerned.
Doubtless that is why you chose them.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sean

Brian A wrote:

>> Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
>> the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

> I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
> They charge 2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
> priviledge of 2p/call at peak times.

Fair enough

If you were on a BT landline you
> would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

You can

> If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
> two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
> calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
> simultaneous calls all for 2/month.
> Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
> call charges are concerned.
> Doubtless that is why you chose them.

Well,i choose them because they looked very good value.

It says on tariff page

Multiple VoIP Logins

And call prices, does not say second call will cost. If it did, fair
enough, but it does not.

If two people in the house both make a 60 min call, and they don't
cross, I've still used 120 mins on there system, i don't see why if they
happen to cross over and be at same time, it should cost 60p.

Thomas Kenyon

Sean wrote:
> Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
> with what i seen, so signed up.
>
> Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
> second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per
> hour.
>
> During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
> an hour.
>
> I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
> told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
> website.

I informed them that this wasn't mentioned in their Ts and Cs months
ago, and they said they'd ammend them straight away.

I personally think it is reasonable to charge for the second call, but
should be referenced somewhere.

Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
> account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I've had to report several cases of overbilling to them on my accounts,
and the most recent one took months to be refunded.

Jono

on 11/07/2006, Sean supposed :

> If you were on a BT landline you
>> would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

> You can

Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......

Re: Disgusted chuckcar Computer Support 32 10-22-2010 02:22 PM
Re: Disgusted Kay Computer Support 0 10-16-2010 09:10 PM
Disgusted at Disgusted Geoffrey Windows 64bit 14 02-16-2006 06:54 PM
Norton A/V Disgusted Lord Haw-Haw Computer Support 6 01-29-2004 03:51 PM
I am disgusted with comp.lang.c Doug B C Programming 13 07-26-2003 06:48 PM

Advertisments