Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Friendly ADSL Supplier....

VOIP Friendly ADSL Supplier....

Matt

Hi,

Following the collapse of e7even, I have been forced to find a new ADSL
supplier.

As one of the main uses of the line will be VOIP, I thought I'd ask
users here for details of those ISP's who seem to prioritise VOIP
traffic.

At the moment AAISP (Andrews and Arnold) are getting good comments on
their VOIP traffic, but I guess there must be others?

If people can recommend an ADSL provider who prioritises VOIP traffic
I'd be grateful!

Many thanks

Matthew

Martin²

I have been pretty happy with PlusNet for over 3 years, using (non PlusNet)
VoIP for 18 months and it works perfectly. Mind you I do have VoIP router
with QoS and 2Mb/s connection.
If you decide to sign up with PlusNet please use my ID 'wester' as a
referrer and save me few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin at wester dot plus dot com
PS I have new boxed Zyxel 2602HW, WiFi, 2xVoIP router for sale.

mattpark

Martin² Wrote:
> I have been pretty happy with PlusNet for over 3 years, using (no
> PlusNet)
> VoIP for 18 months and it works perfectly. Mind you I do have VoI
> router
> with QoS and 2Mb/s connection.
> If you decide to sign up with PlusNet please use my ID 'wester' as a
> referrer and save me few pence,
> thanks, regards,
> Martin at wester dot plus dot com
> PS I have new boxed Zyxel 2602HW, WiFi, 2xVoIP router for sale.

Griffin Internet are an excellent supplier

--
mattpark

Lee

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi,
>
> Following the collapse of e7even, I have been forced to find a new ADSL
> supplier.
>
> As one of the main uses of the line will be VOIP, I thought I'd ask
> users here for details of those ISP's who seem to prioritise VOIP
> traffic.
>
> At the moment AAISP (Andrews and Arnold) are getting good comments on
> their VOIP traffic, but I guess there must be others?
>
> If people can recommend an ADSL provider who prioritises VOIP traffic
> I'd be grateful!

I have no idea if they actually *prioritise* VoIP traffic but I have always
had excellent connections via my Zen Internet ADSL. Zen are more expensive
than other suppliers but you get what you pay for.

The Iceman

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi,
>
> Following the collapse of e7even, I have been forced to find a new ADSL
> supplier.
>
> As one of the main uses of the line will be VOIP, I thought I'd ask
> users here for details of those ISP's who seem to prioritise VOIP
> traffic.
>
> At the moment AAISP (Andrews and Arnold) are getting good comments on
> their VOIP traffic, but I guess there must be others?
>
> If people can recommend an ADSL provider who prioritises VOIP traffic
> I'd be grateful!
>
> Many thanks
>

> Matthew

I'm using Tiscali.
I've no idea whether they prioritise VoIP traffic or not, but I've never had
a problem using VoIP over their service.
I'm only paying for the 1MBPS service capped at 2GB per month, but oddly
enough its been connected at 2MBPS for about the last six to eight months
and I'm only getting charged the normal monthly fee. I've never managed to
get close to the 2GB cap, even listening to 192kbps Octoshape stream of
www.smoothjazz.com most of the time.
Since I've retired my USB modem and gone with a Netgear ADSL router I've
been connected 24/7 and they haven't complained or tried to charge me any
extra. I'm just keeping quiet!

Ssshhhhh!!

PeterW

"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:

> Hi,
>
> Following the collapse of e7even, I have been forced to find a new ADSL
> supplier.
>
> As one of the main uses of the line will be VOIP, I thought I'd ask
> users here for details of those ISP's who seem to prioritise VOIP
> traffic.
>
> At the moment AAISP (Andrews and Arnold) are getting good comments on
> their VOIP traffic, but I guess there must be others?
>
> If people can recommend an ADSL provider who prioritises VOIP traffic
> I'd be grateful!
>
> Many thanks
>

> Matthew

I have no problems with Freedom2surf. I use Voip with VoipCheap, F2S's own
one, Wengo, BT, sipgate, voiptalk ....

They also do the Billion SIP/Wireless/ADSL router at £75 which is a good
price.

Peter