Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone Audio Question

Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone Audio Question

Ciska Hoving

Hi

I bought the Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone and am using it with Skype. It is
a very good phone, however, when I have the phone connected via USB, no
sound comes from the speakers of my PC. Everything comes through the phone.
Which is a bit annoying when you're trying to play music on the PC!

Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
having the phone connected?

Nick

"Ciska Hoving" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e8nolg$kic$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Hi
>
> I bought the Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone and am using it with Skype. It

is
> a very good phone, however, when I have the phone connected via USB, no
> sound comes from the speakers of my PC. Everything comes through the

phone.
> Which is a bit annoying when you're trying to play music on the PC!
>
> Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
> having the phone connected?

In basic terms, the USB phone is a soundcard. You've installed the device
and it has become your default soundcard and you need to configure the
devices to your needs.

wikedhumor@large.com

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:59:38 +0200, "Ciska Hoving"
<(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:

>Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
>having the phone connected?

Yes. That is the whole idea of having a USB phone/headset.
It gives you 2 soundcards. You have an audio-setting wrong.
If you have Skype Test Call working OK re-look at Skype's
Tools Menu/ Options - Sound Devices. Set Audio In and Audio out to
your USB phone/headset.
Pop into Windows Control Panel and Select Sound & Audio
Devices/Audio. Check that your setting has not changed.
You should have Sound Playback set to your Soundcard and
Sound Recording set to your USB phone/headset.

HTH
Wik

Ciska Hoving

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:59:38 +0200, "Ciska Hoving"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:
>
>>Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
>>having the phone connected?

> Yes. That is the whole idea of having a USB phone/headset.
> It gives you 2 soundcards. You have an audio-setting wrong.
> If you have Skype Test Call working OK re-look at Skype's
> Tools Menu/ Options - Sound Devices. Set Audio In and Audio out to
> your USB phone/headset.
> Pop into Windows Control Panel and Select Sound & Audio
> Devices/Audio. Check that your setting has not changed.
> You should have Sound Playback set to your Soundcard and
> Sound Recording set to your USB phone/headset.
>
> HTH
> Wik

Thanks all. I got it sorted now