Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Bluetooth headsets and dongles - need recommendations

Bluetooth headsets and dongles - need recommendations

Chris

Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
as if it was an ordinary phone.

Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
And what about Bluetooth headsets?
Any preferred makes or models?
--
Chris

Nick

"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
> as if it was an ordinary phone.
>

> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
> Any preferred makes or models?
> --
> Chris

Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

wikedhumor@large.com

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:08:32 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>,
wrote:

>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
>> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
>> as if it was an ordinary phone.
>>

>> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
>> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
>> Any preferred makes or models?
>> --
>> Chris

>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

Perfect for people with three hands

Mike

> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:08:32 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> wrote:
>

>>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>>
>>>Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
>>>go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
>>>as if it was an ordinary phone.
>>>

>>>Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
>>>And what about Bluetooth headsets?
>>>Any preferred makes or models?
>>>--
>>>Chris

>>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.
>>

> Perfect for people with three hands

FX: Looks at BT DECT phone on desk with handsfree speakerphone, belt
clip, earpiece & microphone set and better range than any Bluetooth
device. Hmmmm

Chris

In article <4DApg.2547$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nick
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
>> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
>> as if it was an ordinary phone.
>> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
>> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
>> Any preferred makes or models?

>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

OK - thanks. Does this need to be a different phone from the one I use
with POTS? And any recommendations for an ATA?
--
Chris

Jono

Chris expressed precisely :
> In article <4DApg.2547$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nick
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>>> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
>>> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
>>> as if it was an ordinary phone.
>>> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
>>> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
>>> Any preferred makes or models?

>>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

> OK - thanks. Does this need to be a different phone from the one I use with
> POTS? And any recommendations for an ATA?

If you use (something like) the Sipura/Linksys SPA 3000 ...or is is
3102 now........it has POTS connection as well.

mattpark

You can do it over bluetooth, however this is not the best way!

As others have said, an ATA and any dect phone will do you great.

You can also look at getting a wireless router and a wifi VoIP fon
like the ones from utstarcom
http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/showpr...oduct/18/cat/4

I've used the f1000 which i wasn't too impressed with, but the f300
has had some good reviews!

If you end up getting a wireless router go for one with QoS

--
mattpark