Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > PDA Software

PDA Software

Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
account details in

alex

><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((>< wrote:
> Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
> to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
> account details in

http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=Products&smenu=PPC + a few others
that Google throws up

alex

Adrian Fesel

><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((>< schrieb:
> Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
> to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
> account details in

Google for SJphone

mattpark

I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... al
in all a pretty good piece of kit

--
mattpark

hairydog@despammed.com

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:52 +0100, mattpark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all
>in all a pretty good piece of kit!

Are you still running WM2003? On my HX4700, I'm using WM5 and I
couldn't find anything except the beta of SJ Phone, which is fine
except that the "answer call" link doesn't work, so I mapped it to a
button and it's fine like that.

mattpark

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:52 +0100, mattpark
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> -
> I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all
> in all a pretty good piece of kit!-
>
> Are you still running WM2003? On my HX4700, I'm using WM5 and I
> couldn't find anything except the beta of SJ Phone, which is fine
> except that the "answer call" link doesn't work, so I mapped it to a
> button and it's fine like that.

I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release
WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow
too buggy, too many freezes.

So im back on 2003, i never tried the Xtens on WM5, is it supposed t
be supported

--
mattpark

hairydog@despammed.com

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:35:38 +0100, mattpark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a
>WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow,
>too buggy, too many freezes.

There are a couple of hacks you need to do to make it work properly,
related to the filesys process. Without that, it is unusably slow.
With it, it's a dream. The HX4700 was designed for WM5. One day, HP
will release a version that doesn't need hacks.

Lee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:35:38 +0100, mattpark
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a
>>WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow,
>>too buggy, too many freezes.

> There are a couple of hacks you need to do to make it work properly,
> related to the filesys process. Without that, it is unusably slow.
> With it, it's a dream. The HX4700 was designed for WM5. One day, HP
> will release a version that doesn't need hacks.

Hello - where can I find those hacks. Are they relevent to any WM5 machine
[I have an Xda Exec] or only the HX4700?

Thanks

hairydog@despammed.com

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:05:54 +0100, "Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello - where can I find those hacks.

Google for hx4700 wm5 filesys hack

and you should find lots of results.

>Are they relevent to any WM5 machine
>[I have an Xda Exec] or only the HX4700?

I don't know. It's to do with whether cluster sizes are 4k (as HP made
them) or 512bytes (as they should be)