Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Local Number from VOIP SP

Local Number from VOIP SP

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Sean:
>> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:05:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> Sipgate are not a UK company.

>> This is plainly obvious by the total crap service they provide to
>> customers.
>>

> Is there any need for this? They offer a service, if you dont like it,
> get over it. There are many happy customers using the service i'm
> sure!

Most people ignore it, they killfilled it ages ago.

Tim

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>> get a BT directory entry with that number?

> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
> or maybe a Telewest customer .

Gradwell do it for ported numbers, but it costs 10 pounds.

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

It isn't clear about not ported numbers.

Tim

Peter Gradwell

Tim wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>>My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>>>get a BT directory entry with that number?

>>To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
>>or maybe a Telewest customer .

> Gradwell do it for ported numbers, but it costs 10 pounds.
>

> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
>
> It isn't clear about not ported numbers.

- we do DQ entries for them too. same price.

peter

Ivor Jones

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e76i8q$voe$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:05:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> > > Sipgate are not a UK company.

> > This is plainly obvious by the total crap service they
> > provide to customers.
> >

> Is there any need for this? They offer a service, if you
> dont like it, get over it. There are many happy customers
> using the service i'm sure!

Get over him and killfile him like most here have done. He isn't even a
Sipgate customer any more so why he keeps on I'll never understand.

Ivor

alex

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (John F
> Kappler) wrote:
>

>>My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>>get a BT directory entry with that number?

> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
> or maybe a Telewest customer .

You can get VoIP numbers listed in the telephone directory. It takes
about a week for your entry to show up in the online process. It's a
fairly painless process.

alex

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh alex:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (John F
>> Kappler) wrote:
>>

>>> My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>>> get a BT directory entry with that number?

>> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
>> or maybe a Telewest customer .

> You can get VoIP numbers listed in the telephone directory. It takes
> about a week for your entry to show up in the online process. It's a
> fairly painless process.
>
> alex

Always best not to reply to the village idiot, with it saying 'Maybe
Telewest customers', Telewest customers have always had the option of being
in the directory, mobile phone users can, and many VoIP users can too.

--
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk