Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Startup test

Startup test

Neil Jarman

Hi,

I'm experimenting with VoIP.

I've got a Demon std account with an 0845 number for now.

I've got a Linksys SPA941 phone.

I have a Netgear DG834G rounter.

I can call out and the called party rings.

On answer, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.

I can't call in. I just get silence until continuous number unobtainable
tone.

Needless to say my email to Demon has not been answered!!

Notes:

Phone screen sticks on Checking DNS unless I set Use Outbound Proxy to YES
and enter reg.sip.pipecall.com

Cheers,

NEIL

Brian A

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:15:03 +0100, "Neil Jarman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm experimenting with VoIP.
>
>I've got a Demon std account with an 0845 number for now.
>
>I've got a Linksys SPA941 phone.
>
>I have a Netgear DG834G rounter.
>
>I can call out and the called party rings.
>
>On answer, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.
>
>I can't call in. I just get silence until continuous number unobtainable
>tone.
>
>Needless to say my email to Demon has not been answered!!
>
>Notes:
>
>Phone screen sticks on Checking DNS unless I set Use Outbound Proxy to YES
>and enter reg.sip.pipecall.com
>
>Cheers,
>
>NEIL

You will need to set up the forwarding of some ports or use a STUN
server. One way audio is a common problem. Go to Google groups and
enter
voip one way audio
You'll see plenty of postings.
You could do a temporary check by setting up DMZ but best not to leave
it that way for security reasons.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.