Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ITSP advice

ITSP advice

Neil G Jarman

Hi,

I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:

a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
b) allow me to use my own equipment

Any suggestions appreciated.

cheers,

NEIL

Ivor Jones

"Neil G Jarman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:e6rerv$9i7$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi,
>
> I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:
>
> a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
> b) allow me to use my own equipment
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

Who is your existing number with..?

Ivor

Neil G Jarman

> Who is your existing number with..?

BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

Ivor Jones

"Neil G Jarman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Who is your existing number with..?

> BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that range.
Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at the moment
IIRC.

Ivor

Colin Forrester

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Neil G Jarman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Who is your existing number with..?

>> BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

> Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that range.
> Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at the moment
> IIRC.

The Gradwell range is here:- http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.

Peter Gradwell

Colin Forrester wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>
>> "Neil G Jarman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$(E-Mail Removed)

>>> BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

>> Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that
>> range. Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at
>> the moment IIRC.

> The Gradwell range is here:-
> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
>
> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.

that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

cheers
peter

Colin Forrester

Peter Gradwell wrote:

>> The Gradwell range is here:-
>> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
>>
>> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
>>

> that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
> other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

Neil Jarman

I mailed a request to Mr Gradwell's company and am awaiting a response -
thanks

NEIL.

Thomas Kenyon

Colin Forrester wrote:
> Peter Gradwell wrote:
>
>>> The Gradwell range is here:-
>>> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
>>>
>>> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
>>>

>> that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
>> other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

> Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.

I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
(which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
would be too limiting).

Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
another number.)

Jono

Thomas Kenyon wrote :
> Colin Forrester wrote:

>>> that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
>>> other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

>> Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

> Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
> who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.

Voipfone provided a list which stated "from April"....when I looked at
end of May, it still said "from April"

Nor was it a national list - it was a long list but not complete.