Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > What network for 0560 number

What network for 0560 number

David Floyd

Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using
056007xxxxx

Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.

Thanks,
David

Robin Harvey

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with Broadband Talk from BT.
Interestingly you cannot get that number from a Telewest line - they appear to
have barred it.

Robin
>Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using
>056007xxxxx
>
>Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
>wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.
>
>Thanks,
>David

Ivor Jones

"Robin Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
> Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
> number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
> it.

It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Brian A

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Robin Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
>> Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
>> number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
>> it.

>It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
>refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
>minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.
>
>Ivor

If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "Robin Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
>>> Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
>>> number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
>>> it.

>> It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
>> NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
>> closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
>> that respect.
>>
>> Ivor

> If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
> 056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
> 3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
rate, not the 3p per call.

ted_radioham

I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a local
thing.

Sean

David Floyd wrote:
> Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx
>
> Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
> wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
and 0560076

Operator: BT

Moonshine

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:49:33 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Floyd wrote:
>> Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx
>>
>> Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
>> wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David

>Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
>and 0560076
>
>Operator: BT

Are other people able to dial BT BBV numbers from T-Mobile?

GwG

"ted_radioham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQzjg.21132$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a
>local
> thing.

A few NTL exchanges have been enabled, but NTL have stated that they are
not going to enable further exchanges.

Brian A

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:42:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

>Thus spaketh Brian A:
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> "Robin Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>>
>>> It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
>>> NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
>>> closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
>>> that respect.
>>>
>>> Ivor

>> If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
>> 056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
>> 3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
>rate, not the 3p per call.

You are absolutely correct...sorry about that. Still cheaper than
Telewest with their 6p connection charge. Now that they have moved
away from their 'simple' pricing system (TW speak: simple=more
expensive) they have gone even more simpler for daytime calls, so,
even if 1899 do charge per minute it's nothing like the charges that
TW make.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

0560 numbers divoch UK VOIP 8 02-18-2009 09:36 PM
Re: 0560 numbers Woody UK VOIP 0 02-17-2009 08:10 PM
Phoning 0560 numbers from UK mobiles Barry UK VOIP 9 04-25-2006 05:56 PM
0560 numbers on voipfone flibble UK VOIP 2 08-22-2005 03:33 PM

Advertisments