Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Draft N wireless router

Draft N wireless router

Noname

As advertised

"simultaneously stream multimedia including HD video, make internet phone
calls, play games and download wirelessly without taxing your network"

I have a Motorola Surfboard cable modem (SB4200), connected to a GIZMO
(sunrocket) and using a Netgear Wireless router WGR614v5.

Currently I have voice loss, frequent drop outs of VOiP service, wireless
connectivity loss ... overall poor QoS.

If I replaced the Netgear wireless router with a Draft-N wireless router
would it improve or remove some of these problems?
If I replace the wireless router with the Draft-N would there be a brand
preference and why?

Would there be any advantage to changing the modem out for the latest and
greatest and if so what brand?

I will also direct this ? to sunrocket and Netgear.

William P.N. Smith

Noname

"William P.N. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Run away!
>
> http://tomsnetworking.com/2006/05/09/buy_draft_11n/
> http://tomsnetworking.com/2006/06/01...evealed_part1/
> http://tomsnetworking.com/2006/06/14...evealed_part2/

Lot's of quality information in those articles!
Thanx.

outlooker

Hi!

I had bad VOIP experience with NON-firewall Linksys router, as every a few
days the router was hacked by hacker even though I installed firewall on
every PC in my LAN.Beside my linksys is too old to support H.323 and SIP.

I happened to find sonicwall Tele3, and bought two used on ebay,one of them
does not have power supply.after I upgrade them to fireware 6.6.0.6. It
works perfectly with VOIP(H.323 and SIP) and RTSP. and It has never been
hacked since I powered up.

If you do not care about wireless,I think $25 for a working Tele3(5 nodes)
will be a good deal.

Joe