Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asterisk and HiSax

Asterisk and HiSax

Tomek

Hello,

Can You started such configuration -> Asterisk+HiSax(module)+PCI 128
ISDN card (winbound chipset) ??

Any sugestion ??

I have:

HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4

kernel 2.6.16.22

Additionaly I haven't /dev/ttyI0 and /dev/ttyI1

[root@srv-asterisk ~]# ls /dev/ttyI*
ls: /dev/ttyI*: No such file or directory

Maybe better I resign from HiSax and will install mISDN ??

Regards
Tomek

Andreas Kohlbach

Tomek wrote on 30. June 2006:

> Can You started such configuration -> Asterisk+HiSax(module)+PCI 128
> ISDN card (winbound chipset) ??
>
> Any sugestion ??

You better ask in a Linux or ISDN group. This is mainly frequented by US
guys. But ISDN is not very spread in the US.

> I have:
>
> HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
> HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
> HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
> HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
> HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
> HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
> HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4
>
> kernel 2.6.16.22
>
> Additionaly I haven't /dev/ttyI0 and /dev/ttyI1
>
> [root@srv-asterisk ~]# ls /dev/ttyI*
> ls: /dev/ttyI*: No such file or directory

2.6.16 and above comes with udev. Thisis fairly new AFAIK and is
responsible for the devices. Read "man udev". Seems, in case the hisax
setup created the devices, the udev removed them again or their
permissions.

You can deactivate udev (/etc/init.d/udev stop) and also remove the start
script from your runlevel. Then create the devices with mknod.

There should be man pages for ISDN explaining how to use mknod.
--
Andreas
PGP Key available on public key servers

Tomek

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Tomek wrote on 30. June 2006:
>> Can You started such configuration -> Asterisk+HiSax(module)+PCI 128
>> ISDN card (winbound chipset) ??
>>
>> Any sugestion ??

> You better ask in a Linux or ISDN group. This is mainly frequented by US
> guys. But ISDN is not very spread in the US.

ok,

>> I have:
>>
>> HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
>> HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
>> HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
>> HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
>> HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
>> HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
>> HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4
>>
>> kernel 2.6.16.22
>>
>> Additionaly I haven't /dev/ttyI0 and /dev/ttyI1
>>
>> [root@srv-asterisk ~]# ls /dev/ttyI*
>> ls: /dev/ttyI*: No such file or directory

> 2.6.16 and above comes with udev. Thisis fairly new AFAIK and is
> responsible for the devices. Read "man udev". Seems, in case the hisax
> setup created the devices, the udev removed them again or their
> permissions.
>
> You can deactivate udev (/etc/init.d/udev stop) and also remove the start
> script from your runlevel. Then create the devices with mknod.
>
> There should be man pages for ISDN explaining how to use mknod.

thx, I try

regards
Tomek