Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Switching to Sunrocket From Vonage

Switching to Sunrocket From Vonage

BrianEWilliams

I plan on switching to Sunrocket from Vonage. Vonage has been pretty
reliable, but I seem to have to reboot my ATA, Linksys RT31P2, every
week or so to correct a problem, mostly people not hearing me on the
phone. Also, I hate the way Vonage says it's $24.95 a month, and then
my bill is $27.78. I know it's taxes and everything, but Sunrocket's
price is all inclusive and much less.

Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but
complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear
about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative.
Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength? Thanks.

burris

BrianEWilliams wrote:
> I plan on switching to Sunrocket from Vonage. Vonage has been pretty
> reliable, but I seem to have to reboot my ATA, Linksys RT31P2, every
> week or so to correct a problem, mostly people not hearing me on the
> phone. Also, I hate the way Vonage says it's $24.95 a month, and then
> my bill is $27.78. I know it's taxes and everything, but Sunrocket's
> price is all inclusive and much less.
>
> Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but
> complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear
> about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative.
> Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength? Thanks.

I've been with them since inception and am quite pleased.

Few bumps along the way, but everyone has them...

BrianEWilliams

burris wrote:
> BrianEWilliams wrote:
> > I plan on switching to Sunrocket from Vonage. Vonage has been pretty
> > reliable, but I seem to have to reboot my ATA, Linksys RT31P2, every
> > week or so to correct a problem, mostly people not hearing me on the
> > phone. Also, I hate the way Vonage says it's $24.95 a month, and then
> > my bill is $27.78. I know it's taxes and everything, but Sunrocket's
> > price is all inclusive and much less.
> >
> > Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but
> > complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear
> > about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative.
> > Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength? Thanks.
> >

> I've been with them since inception and am quite pleased.
>
> Few bumps along the way, but everyone has them...

After I posted, I found this:

http://www.voipreview.org/review.details.aspx?root=53

I appreciate your feedback, and I am still kicking around the idea of
switching.

Noname

"BrianEWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> burris wrote:
> > BrianEWilliams wrote:
> > > I plan on switching to Sunrocket from Vonage. Vonage has been pretty
> > > reliable, but I seem to have to reboot my ATA, Linksys RT31P2, every
> > > week or so to correct a problem, mostly people not hearing me on the
> > > phone. Also, I hate the way Vonage says it's $24.95 a month, and then
> > > my bill is $27.78. I know it's taxes and everything, but Sunrocket's
> > > price is all inclusive and much less.
> > >
> > > Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but
> > > complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear
> > > about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative.
> > > Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength?

Thanks.

> > I've been with them since inception and am quite pleased.
> >
> > Few bumps along the way, but everyone has them...

> After I posted, I found this:
>
> http://www.voipreview.org/review.details.aspx?root=53
>
> I appreciate your feedback, and I am still kicking around the idea of
> switching.

I started with Packet8 over a year back.
They were absolutely impossible to communicate with in any form (not a
language problem, a contact problem, voice, email, chat).

Packet8 service was very steady, good quality with rarely an outage.

I changed to Sunrocket ~2 months back. I have had steady problems with
outages since. However, Sunrocket can be contacted and will assist with
problems.
However, they claim a QoS problem with my cable DSL, but I did not have the
problem with Packet8?

Additionally with Sunrocket I cannot surf and use my telephone simultaneous.

I would not recommend either of the above companies.

I do not have the option of Vonage service at my address.

Terry Smith

I've had SR for more then a year. I never had other VOIP so I can compare.
While I like the features for the price the service is not reliable.
Unfortunately not many SR customers realize how unreliable it is because it
often gives the standard busy signal when it's SR that can't complete call
rather then recipient being on phone. Likewise I started paying closer
attention to my voice mail date/time stamps. Realize calls sometime roll
over to voice mail when I was in. Also have had people tell me they tried
to call and just got what appeared to be dead line. (nervier rang or gave
busy signal)

Terri S

Terry Smith wrote:
> I've had SR for more then a year. I never had other VOIP so I can compare.
> While I like the features for the price the service is not reliable.
> Unfortunately not many SR customers realize how unreliable it is because it
> often gives the standard busy signal when it's SR that can't complete call
> rather then recipient being on phone. Likewise I started paying closer
> attention to my voice mail date/time stamps. Realize calls sometime roll
> over to voice mail when I was in. Also have had people tell me they tried
> to call and just got what appeared to be dead line. (nervier rang or gave
> busy signal)
>
> Terri S

I might try SR as a second line, and then cancel within the 31 day
no-risk period if the service is unreliable. Thanks for the feedback.

adabristian

I have only had a problem in the begining, when my area was first se
up with dsl and cable internet. I have had them for over a year an
the service is great. I really don't have any complaints