Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP in Ad-hoc n/w

VoIP in Ad-hoc n/w

sunny

HI,
Need help in desiging VoIP service for Ad-hoc n/ws. Objective
is that there should be no cenralised point in it. It will be useful
in scenarios like Disasters when different teams arrive and they need
to communicate.

*It will use sip to communicate, (each node will be having sip server
and client)
*Routing protocol in Ad-hoc n/w will be AODV
*Each node has to broadcast its presence to others
*There should be no IP address conflict, I thought of using Duplicate
Address Detection (DAD)

So please suggest me

#What sip server will be appropriate ( SER, Asterisk, Partysip...?)
#How to do DAD
#Do I need any DNS services

In my view a SIP proxy server is required to make DNS queries and
forward the calls to appropriate domain....
In above case......do I really need Sip proxy server......???

Need your suggestions?
Gurminder

outlooker

Hi, Gurminder,

If you are considering more about Ad-hoc meeting.I think a MCU is must.But
no one can guarantee free SIP proxy could work smoothly with a commercial
MCU.

Among commercial SIP proxies, VCON's MXM, CLICK TO MEET and Microsoft LCS
support MCU well or have soft MCU(host based).

And I would recommend neither CISCO CallManager 5.0 nor CISCO SIP Proxy
Server 2.X, as they do not support third party endpoint well.

Joe

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...