Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Looking for recommendations on good materials to learn about VoIP, its protocols, etc.

Looking for recommendations on good materials to learn about VoIP, its protocols, etc.

Jonathan Roberts

Hello all,

I would like to learn more about VoIP. I have a networking background so I
have stumbled through a lot of it already. I found this book with fairly
good reviews: Voice over IP Fundamentals (Hardcover) by Davidson, Peters,
and Gracely. Any opinions on it? Any recommendations for other good books
or other materials?

Thanks for any guidance!

Jonathan

rick

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:44:10 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I would like to learn more about VoIP. I have a networking background so I
>have stumbled through a lot of it already. I found this book with fairly
>good reviews: Voice over IP Fundamentals (Hardcover) by Davidson, Peters,
>and Gracely. Any opinions on it? Any recommendations for other good books
>or other materials?
>
>Thanks for any guidance!
>
>Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Voip-info.org has a lot of information that you can look at if you
want to learn more. It has a lot of basic information there as well.
hth.

Cant help you with book though, havent read any

* We buy and sell new/used networking equipment. Please contact me if
you have any offers or are interested in buying *

** GUARANTEED REAL CISCO, in stock! ALL prices in USD **

50 x CP-7940G= NEW IN BOX @ $260/each

50 x CP-7960G= NEW IN BOX @ $320/each

2 x CISCO1760 (64D/32F) USED @ $500.00

1 x CISCO1760-VPN/K9 (96D/32F) USED @ $650.00

1 x CISCO3640 (64D/32F) USED @ $375.00

5 x CISCO7206VXR= [chassis with single AC power ONLY] NEW IN BOX @ $3800/each

20 x NM-2FE2W USED @ $550/each

2 x NPE-G1= NEW IN BOX @ $9000/each

10 x PVDM-12 USED @ $120/each

6 x PVDM2-8 USED @ $240/each

20 x PVDM2-16 USED @ $300/each

20 x PVDM2-32 USED @ $850/each

10 x PVDM2-48 USED @ $1000/each

1 x VG224 NEW IN BOX $3600

2 x VG248 NEW IN BOX $5000/each

Rick Truong
TruTech Systems
AIM: ricktrutek
E-Mail: rick at trutechsystems dot net

Jonathan Roberts

"rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Voip-info.org has a lot of information that you can look at if you
> want to learn more. It has a lot of basic information there as well.
> hth.
>
> Cant help you with book though, havent read any

Thanks, Rick. That is a great site.