Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > softphone

softphone

bob@coolgroups.com

Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use SIP to just dial
an IP
address?

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com
> Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use
> SIP to just dial an IP
> address?

X-Lite (or X-Pro) should let you do this, but I confess I've never tried.

Ivor

Heimo Hetl

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use SIP to just dial
> an IP
> address?

SJPhone.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.

R-Guy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use SIP to just dial
> an IP
> address?

X-Lite lets you dial addresses like 1234@10.20.30.40

bob@coolgroups.com

So, let's say you wanted to use X-lite

You call 1234@10.20.30.40.

How does 10.20.30.40 configure his X-lite to
receive calls with the name 1234?

R-Guy wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use SIP to just dial
> > an IP
> > address?
> >

> X-Lite lets you dial addresses like 1234@10.20.30.40

yeffri

you can also try sippax audio video softphone from vidosystem
download here http://www.vidosystem.com/download/sippax_2.0.exe

to call just use xxx@ipaddressort
xxx is any number

> So, let's say you wanted to use X-lite
>
> You call 1234@10.20.30.40.
>
> How does 10.20.30.40 configure his X-lite to
> receive calls with the name 1234?
>

> R-Guy wrote:
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > > Can someone recommend a softphone that will let me use SIP to just dial
> > > an IP
> > > address?
> > >

> > X-Lite lets you dial addresses like 1234@10.20.30.40

R-Guy