Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > C struct to XML serialisation tool?

C struct to XML serialisation tool?

malcolm.ryan@gmail.com

I'm new to the world of XML, so forgive me if this is a stupid
question.

Is there a tool which can take as input the definition of a C struct
and output appropriate C-code to load/save it as XML? It doesn't seem
to complex an issue to me, especially if the struct doesn't contain any
pointers. Can it be done?

Malcolm

parcour@gmail.com

> I'm new to the world of XML, so forgive me if this is a stupid
> question.
>
> Is there a tool which can take as input the definition of a C struct
> and output appropriate C-code to load/save it as XML? It doesn't seem
> to complex an issue to me, especially if the struct doesn't contain any
> pointers. Can it be done?
>
> Malcolm

The gSOAP toolkit has what you need:

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html