Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Good Beginners book

Good Beginners book

Bob

What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
crap in it as well?

Ari

any book by o'reilly
Bob wrote:
> What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
> crap in it as well?

Joe Kesselman

Bob wrote:
> What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
> crap in it as well?

Without knowing exactly what it is you want to do, it's almost
impossible to say what's useless and what isn't. This is almost like
asking for a math book without saying what kind of math you need to do.

If you're looking for the basics, you might want to start with on-line
docs rather than hardcopy books. I know there's a lot of tutorial
material on IBM's DeveloperWorks website (http://www.ibm.com/xml) along
with more advanced material; I don't agree 100% with everything
published there but it's a darned good set of resources and _not_
limited to IBM's official positions.

Juergen Kahrs

Bob wrote:

> What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
> crap in it as well?

What is useless crap ? Are you sure you can make this
judgement before you read the book ?

Peter Flynn

Bob wrote:
> What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
> crap in it as well?

If you could define what (for you) is useless crap, perhaps we can
recommend some books.

IMHE one person's crap is another's gold dust.

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/

Re: book for C beginners Vincenzo Mercuri C Programming 1 06-26-2010 09:09 PM
Can anyone recommend a good book on Ajax for beginners? Angus Javascript 1 04-05-2007 08:33 PM
BEST C++ BOOK FOR BEGINNERS coinjo C++ 4 10-23-2005 09:51 AM
Beginners book on J2EE Florian Lindner Java 2 01-09-2005 04:38 PM
Information Security Book for Beginners. M.D. Computer Security 3 01-06-2004 11:13 AM

Advertisments