Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > URGENT!!! IE6/XHTML nested table height scaling problem!!!

Reply
Thread Tools

URGENT!!! IE6/XHTML nested table height scaling problem!!!

 
 
nichols.david@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2006
Basically I've got a problem with IE6 (who doesn't)... Anyway, what I'm
trying to do is stretch the area on the right hand side of my page down
to the footer (see www.enfield.gov.uk ).

Now, this code works in IE5.5 and Firefox and certain resolutions in
IE6!!! ... not to mention the left hand side!!! Why, why, why is the
happenning??!!! I'm feel like i'm going crazy!!!

To see what I mean scroll to the bottom of page and play with the size
of your browser a little. Can anyone please help me!!!

Many Thanks,

David

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Moe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Now, this code works in IE5.5 and Firefox and certain resolutions in
> IE6!!! ... not to mention the left hand side!!! Why, why, why is the
> happenning??!!! I'm feel like i'm going crazy!!!
>

What does "certain resolutions" mean!!!?

> To see what I mean scroll to the bottom of page and play with the size
> of your browser a little. Can anyone please help me!!!
>

I do not see the problem!!! I guess you fixed it!!!? All columns stretch
to fit the viewport!!!

P.S.: You should crop the image of the URL bar (feature_website_lge.jpg) a
bit more. The icons are clearly from IE. You are implicitly promoting it.

--
jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2006
Jim Moe wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> Now, this code works in IE5.5 and Firefox and certain resolutions in
>> IE6!!! ... not to mention the left hand side!!! Why, why, why is the
>> happenning??!!! I'm feel like i'm going crazy!!!
>>

> What does "certain resolutions" mean!!!?
>
>> To see what I mean scroll to the bottom of page and play with the size
>> of your browser a little. Can anyone please help me!!!
>>

> I do not see the problem!!! I guess you fixed it!!!? All columns stretch
> to fit the viewport!!!


!!!


--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
table in table -> 100% height does not work Paul Schmidinger HTML 3 03-24-2011 03:47 PM
measuring web controls height at runtime (or converting .height % to px) Wotney ASP .Net 1 10-25-2006 01:39 PM
how to get specific cell height without hard-coding a height value laredotornado@zipmail.com HTML 0 08-19-2006 08:13 PM
Detecting screen.height for use in <Table Height=> john T Javascript 7 02-19-2004 05:46 AM
Table Cell scaling problem Matt McKay HTML 3 10-31-2003 04:48 PM



Advertisments