Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > border-color: #003366; border-width: 2px;

border-color: #003366; border-width: 2px;

Leonard Blaisdell

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> That is exactly what I don't want to do. I did not want to do it
> on dial up because it is too slow, I don't want to do it on my
> broadband at the cost of bandwidth and then still search
> heavily... perhaps there is a way I don't know to search for
> specific things if you know the subject title?

My dial-up provider doesn't charge me to download headers. My newsgroup
provider (supernews) does keep a tally and will charge me over a certain
large limit. Searching groups for specific articles is not my forte
either. Twelve years on Usenet and I don't know how to do it, but in my
defense, I've never tried a Usenet article search. I see people provide
references all the time.
A quick reference to Google with my particular search string didn't give
anything obvious either.
So, folks, cough up the missing obvious. I want an article posted
possibly last year from some random poster, but I forget the subject. I
vaguely remember the gist of the thread. How do I easily get that

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2006-07-27, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article
><(E-Mail Removed)>,
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> That is exactly what I don't want to do. I did not want to do it
>> on dial up because it is too slow, I don't want to do it on my
>> broadband at the cost of bandwidth and then still search
>> heavily... perhaps there is a way I don't know to search for
>> specific things if you know the subject title?

> My dial-up provider doesn't charge me to download headers. My newsgroup
> provider (supernews) does keep a tally and will charge me over a certain
> large limit. Searching groups for specific articles is not my forte
> either. Twelve years on Usenet and I don't know how to do it, but in my
> defense, I've never tried a Usenet article search. I see people provide
> references all the time.
> A quick reference to Google with my particular search string didn't give
> anything obvious either.
> So, folks, cough up the missing obvious. I want an article posted
> possibly last year from some random poster, but I forget the subject. I
> vaguely remember the gist of the thread. How do I easily get that

<http://groups.google.com/advanced_search>

Author:

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net>,
Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Purple and green...? Maroon and grey... ? I will know when I see
> > it and the client says nice things...

> And you'll be able change two numbers in one sheet to give them whatever
> they want on the whole site!
>
> leo

Not quite on my sheet, I was wondering about tightening it all up
so it could so happen. Truth is I am not always sure that things
are being inherited or will be over many browsers, so it is about
half a dozen changes. Remember, there are hover colours as well
for links.

--
dorayme

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=

Hello,

just a simple question...

> And then in ie.css I add rules to override position:fixed with this:
> position: absolute ! important;

What does "! important" mean?

Regards,

Martin

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:eaidsr$mn$1
@newsreader2.netcologne.de:

> Hello,
>
> just a simple question...
>
>> And then in ie.css I add rules to override position:fixed with this:
>> position: absolute ! important;

> What does "! important" mean?
>

> Regards,
>
> Martin

It means to override the existing declaration, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules>

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services