Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Need the help of a CSS guru...

Need the help of a CSS guru...

floorvan@gmail.com

Hi,
I created my first site in CSS: www.rinchenkhandro.com (the first page
is in Flash).

I'm having a problem with IE on pc thoug..the navigation is stacked,
instead of lining up horizontally.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here...

Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Perhaps I could do
something in return?

Floor.

Andy Dingley

> I'm having a problem with IE on pc thoug..the navigation is stacked,
> instead of lining up horizontally.

IE likes explicit widths on things you're trying to float

Martin Jay

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) writes
>I created my first site in CSS: www.rinchenkhandro.com (the first page
>is in Flash).
>
>I'm having a problem with IE on pc thoug..the navigation is stacked,
>instead of lining up horizontally.
>
>I'm not sure what I've done wrong here...

You were unbelievably close.

The float needs to be applied to the <li> element in the navigation
menu. And you also need to give it a width:

#nav li{
float: right;
width: 83px;
}