Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CEF vs MLPPP vs Inverse Multiplex

CEF vs MLPPP vs Inverse Multiplex

SysAdmin

Regarding the configuration of bundling multiple T1's to achieve a
higher throughput rate...

Is CEF okay for this? I understand that Inverse Multiplexing is the
ultimate way to do it (at the CSU level instead of the router) but looking
for
an ISP to provide that I am coming up short. Everyone seems to want to offer
the CEF solution with per-packet load-balancing.

Isn't CEF really just an aggregate bandwidth and not really "real"?

Thank you in advance.

Vince

Rob

I believe MLPPP to be superior in throughput, but it certainly can tax
the older 2600 routers. Anything 2600XM or better shouldn't be a
problem with NxT1.

If you're doing VoIP or IPSEC, MLPPP is significantly better because
it maintaints packet order. CEF Per-packet does not (necessarily)

-Robert

Is it possible to multiplex 2 T1 circuits? smith_bp101@hotmail.com Cisco 1 11-13-2006 07:47 PM
MLPPP vs. Cisco CEF M Cisco 4 10-26-2006 12:38 PM
HARDWARE cef or SOFTWARE cef ? comp.dcom.sys.cisco Cisco 2 03-23-2006 01:09 PM
mlppp to cef load-sharing per-packet Karnov Cisco 2 06-08-2004 03:12 PM
When only central CEF (not distributed CEF) is enabled on 7500-series router... ETLALAR Cisco 2 01-19-2004 10:39 AM

Advertisments