Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IP NBAR - What kind of overhead does it cause??

IP NBAR - What kind of overhead does it cause??

Douw Gerber

Hi all

What kind of overhead does running NBAR protocol-discovery cause on a
router CPU and Memory wise. We are running a Cisco 7206 with 128mb ram.

Thanks in advance
Douw

I found it to not be too bad - I can't give you an exact figure. I think IDS
makes the box work harder..

"Douw Gerber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpi697$k26$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> What kind of overhead does running NBAR protocol-discovery cause on a
> router CPU and Memory wise. We are running a Cisco 7206 with 128mb ram.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Douw

Does return-by-value mean extra copies and extra overhead? mathieu C++ 3 09-04-2009 04:25 PM
Does 'if' have performance overhead lali.b97@gmail.com C++ 13 04-23-2008 09:54 PM
Does EMAB increase overhead in some cases? yashgt@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 08-07-2007 02:35 PM
Kazaa NBAR bug - latest PLDM?? P Cisco 7 10-25-2003 03:55 AM
Does Option Strict On add overhead? Showjumper ASP .Net 2 07-31-2003 10:34 AM

Advertisments