Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > session and sql ques 2

session and sql ques 2

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,

if your using sql server as session state does this enable you to use it as
shopping cart concept. for instance could you have a user fill out some info
save it then on another computer continue with that same session?

thanks,
rodchar

Ray Booysen

No, session is available only available when the session is active.
Once the session times out it is removed.

Anyway, opening a browser on another computer would start a new session.

What you would need to do is either store the shopping cart information
in a cookie or in a database and retrieve it when the user logs in.

Regards
Ray

rodchar wrote:
> hey all,
>
> if your using sql server as session state does this enable you to use it as
> shopping cart concept. for instance could you have a user fill out some info
> save it then on another computer continue with that same session?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

ques and and level order traversal GrispernMix C Programming 6 12-03-2006 12:35 AM
ASP.net ques: Webpage data retrieval and parsing news.microsoft.com ASP .Net 5 02-01-2005 05:15 AM
JTable and TableSorter Ques Tim Java 1 05-19-2004 08:23 AM
QUES: ODFX/IDFX inferred in syplify, and not in XACT libraries ???? Ted VHDL 1 02-03-2004 11:58 PM
QUES: Where can I find Xilinx M1 tools Ted VHDL 6 01-21-2004 03:18 PM

Advertisments