Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > need help - Firefox/IE

need help - Firefox/IE

StillWaking@gmail.com

I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
hieght code, but only in firefox.

Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/

Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>
> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>
> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

jojo

(E-Mail Removed) schrieb:
> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>
> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>
> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

First I have to inform you that there are many discussions about "table
layout" in the moment, perhaps you should read one of them... The thing
is: Using Tables in HTML to structure your page nowadays (with CSS
("Cascading Style Sheet" if you never heard the term) available) are
considered to be outdated. And even if you use tables for your layout
you should size them using CSS, then you should have no
compatibility-problems. If you really had not heard anything about CSS
than I suggest you to learn it...

jojo

(E-Mail Removed) schrieb:
> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>
> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>
> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

First I have to inform you that there are many discussions about "table
layout" in the moment, perhaps you should read one of them... The thing
is: Using Tables in HTML to structure your page nowadays (with CSS
("Cascading Style Sheet" if you never heard the term) available) are
considered to be outdated. And even if you use tables for your layout
you should size them using CSS, then you should have no
compatibility-problems. If you really had not heard anything about CSS
than I suggest you to learn it...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Adrienne Boswell wrote:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (E-Mail Removed) writing in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
>> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
>> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
>> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>>
>> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>>
>> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
the mail slot in my front door.

What sort of software generated those pages?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

jojo

Adrienne Boswell schrieb:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (E-Mail Removed) writing in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
>> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
>> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
>> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>>
>> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>>
>> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?
>>

> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

If you do not know how to validate: click this link to see the results
of your Homepage...
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...F%2Faaalaw.org

If you don't want to read all the errors: the error causing your problem
is the missing end-tag "</table>".
But, please, fix all errors, it is horrible to look at your code...

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (E-Mail Removed) writing in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>>
>>> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
>>> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
>>> hieght code, but only in firefox.
>>>
>>> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
>>>
>>> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

>> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

> And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
> containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
> the mail slot in my front door.

Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
help you if you enlarge the text!

> What sort of software generated those pages?

I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Chaddy2222

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
> >
> >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (E-Mail Removed) writing in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> >> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

> > And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
> > containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
> > the mail slot in my front door.

> Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
> help you if you enlarge the text!
> >
> > What sort of software generated those pages?

> I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

Yeah, it does not look that good, it's like the author tried to center
everything in the middle of the page, but did a bad job of it.

StillWaking@gmail.com

Chaddy2222 wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> > > And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
> > > containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
> > > the mail slot in my front door.

> > Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
> > help you if you enlarge the text!
> > >
> > > What sort of software generated those pages?

> > I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

> Yeah, it does not look that good, it's like the author tried to center
> everything in the middle of the page, but did a bad job of it.
> --
> Regards Chad. http://freewebdesign.cjb.cc

Thanks all for your replies!

I made this site about 8 or 9 years ago (when I was about 16) and the
purpose of it's application is still good enough to keep up. I think I
used Frontpage along with ImageReady, or some other Adobe software, to
break apart the images I designed.

I liked the idea of having the peep window and since there isn't much
content (and probably never will be) it's most likely going to stay
like that till things change in the partnership.

It's obviouse that I'm not a professional web designer but, when asked,
I'll try anything if it seems worth it.

In any case, I'm going to follow the suggestions you all posted and let
you know how it turns out. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my
problem. I know a lot of you get frusterated when someone doesn't know
what their doing tries to get in over their head.

Cheers to you all and I'll keep you update,

Allen