Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Graphic Pen Tablet?

Graphic Pen Tablet?

long eddy

Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Eddy

Jonathan N. Little

long eddy wrote:
> Using Dell PC
> on
> Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
> ====================
>
> Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
> instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
> drawing shapes easier - with more control?
>
> I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
>
> If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
> Thank you.

Yesssssss. Not sure what this has to do the HTML. One note though, most
tablets are USB and Win98 USB support for such drivers and a bit flaky I
have found. I have one, didn't really work very well until upgraded to
Win2k. Personally I find getting a really good mouse is better and
cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
<(E-Mail Removed)> vouchsafed:

> Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
> better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very non-durable,
at least the MS ones.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias wrote:
> To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> vouchsafed:
>
>> Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
>> better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

> Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very non-durable,
> at least the MS ones.

I go for the Logitech. G5 or G7.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Travis Newbury

long eddy wrote:
> Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
> instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
> drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I use a Wacom Intuos3 12x12 drawing tablet. For me, it does make
drawing easier. But they can be mighty pricy. And the little ones are
a waste of money. Anything smaller than about 9x12 is pretty
worthless (IMOHO). I think mine was about $600.00

Jonathan N. Little

Travis Newbury wrote:
> long eddy wrote:
>> Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
>> instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
>> drawing shapes easier - with more control?

> I use a Wacom Intuos3 12x12 drawing tablet. For me, it does make
> drawing easier. But they can be mighty pricy. And the little ones are
> a waste of money. Anything smaller than about 9x12 is pretty
> worthless (IMOHO). I think mine was about $600.00

You have to spent the $$ for the resolution and pressure level density
otherwise I agree it is a waste. I have the little one, really useless,
a cheap mouse optical mouse better!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
<(E-Mail Removed)> vouchsafed:

>>> Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
>>> better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

>> Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very
>> non-durable, at least the MS ones.
>>

> I go for the Logitech. G5 or G7.

Probably better than MS. Maybe I'll try one in a couple of weeks when this
POS breaks (-bought in May.)

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.

dp

long eddy wrote:
> Using Dell PC
> on
> Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
> ====================
>
> Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I
> can use instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that
> would make drawing shapes easier - with more control?
>
> I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
>
> If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
> Thank you.
>
> Eddy

wacom has been making tablets for ages. Pressure sensitive, various
pens/brushes, etc.
Using a mouse is like trying to draw with a pencil stuck in a bar of soap.

--
dp

Is it possible to mouseover a GRAPHIC . . . that launches another (freestanding) GRAPHIC (ie. when flash is _not_ available)? 50 SOMETHING GAL HTML 3 12-10-2006 01:10 AM
Graphic Pen Tablet? long eddy Digital Photography 6 06-19-2006 03:48 PM
IT Security >>> Anti-Virus/Pen Testing =?Utf-8?B?R0FCUw==?= Microsoft Certification 1 02-18-2006 05:46 PM
Graphic Pen Tablets John NZ Computing 31 08-18-2004 11:46 PM
How to Serialize System.Drawing.Pen Sergio Dinis ASP .Net 1 10-03-2003 03:40 AM

Advertisments