Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML Question

HTML Question

Badass Scotsman

How easy is it to position a layer exactly 50 pixels from the left and 100
pixels from the BOTTOM of a page?
The layer would need to PUSH everything out the way as opposed to FLOAT over
everything.

Anyone able to send me some code?

Regards,

Gary.

Els

Badass Scotsman wrote:

> How easy is it to position a layer exactly 50 pixels from the left and 100
> pixels from the BOTTOM of a page?

Easy with position:absolute, but..

> The layer would need to PUSH everything out the way as opposed to FLOAT over
> everything.

Impossible. What you are describing is a floated div or image, and
it's easy to define the distance between one of those and a left or
right side, but they don't 'stick' to the bottom.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/