Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Copying a file from path P1 to path P2 on a *remote* machine...

Copying a file from path P1 to path P2 on a *remote* machine...

varlagas@yahoo.com

Let there be a file F in path P1 in remote machine R. I have userid and

password for that remote machine and can do FTP, etc. just fine.

Now, let's say that I wish to copy file to a different path (say) P2,
in the same remote machine R, for backup purposes. Surely, I cannot use

Java file I/O to that purpose? How could I do this through Java?

(My Java code is running on an AS/400...)

Thx!!!

Oliver Wong

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Let there be a file F in path P1 in remote machine R. I have userid and
>
> password for that remote machine and can do FTP, etc. just fine.
>
> Now, let's say that I wish to copy file to a different path (say) P2,
> in the same remote machine R, for backup purposes. Surely, I cannot use
>
> Java file I/O to that purpose? How could I do this through Java?
>
> (My Java code is running on an AS/400...)
>
> Thx!!!

What services does R expose? You mentioned FTP, and etc. The contents of
"etc." are important. This might be easy to do with ssh, for example. It's
doable with FTP (assuming adequate permissions), but inefficient.

- Oliver