Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Streaming Media and NBAR

Streaming Media and NBAR

BenH

Hi,

I am trying to guarantee bandwidth for media streams into a network
with a 2MB internet connection. I have tried NBAR but I have 2
problems:

1) NBAR sems only applicable on the outbound interface of our 2611
router
2) If I give priority to ALL the windows media ports (1024 - 5000)
then I am actually giving priority to loads of ports including Kazaa!
This just seems crazy :-s

So where am I going wrong - is there an easy way to configure the
router so that it allows media streams to take 1MB of the bandwidth if
they ask for it, or am I asking too much of a router?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Cisco 877, NBAR and Skype Xavier Veral Cisco 0 12-01-2006 01:31 PM
IOS transparent firewall and NBAR rzirzi Cisco 0 10-25-2006 08:06 PM
NBAR and BitTorrent Ben Horner Cisco 7 02-01-2004 02:22 PM
IP CEF and NBAR BenH Cisco 0 11-28-2003 11:11 AM

Advertisments