Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > difference between Cisco 2501 and Cisco pro 2501?

difference between Cisco 2501 and Cisco pro 2501?

Vin

thanks

Walter Roberson

In article <Lghub.32267$Dw6.158271@attbi_s02>,
Vin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:thanks

A look around the Cisco site suggests it was branding more than anything
else.

The 11.2(5) release notes include a software procedure for upgrading
a CiscoPro CPA2501 into a Cisco Enterprise Router that access regular IOS.
--
Would you buy a used bit from this man??

DMc

The pro model is white and has limitations on what ios can be installed on
it. There is a chip that you can replace that will bring it up to spec with
a regular 2501. I don't know how easy it would be to find that chip these
days, since it has been eol for some time now.

hth,
DMc.

"Vin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> thanks

Aaron Leonard

FYI what you use to fix the CiscoPro cookie so that you can load "normal" IOS
on the CPA2501 is RSL (Router Software Loader.) See
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Softwar...lebuild.pl/rsl .

Aaron

---

~ In article <Lghub.32267$Dw6.158271@attbi_s02>,