Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Novice question

Novice question

Greg Smith

I am starting the move from Windows to web.

How do you do the equivalent of TextAlign on a web label the way go can on
it on a Windows label?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

Label1.Style.Add("Text-Align", "center")

Greg Smith wrote:
> I am starting the move from Windows to web.
>
> How do you do the equivalent of TextAlign on a web label the way go can on
> it on a Windows label?
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin Spencer

I would recommend studying up on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The rules for
HTML are completely different from the rules for Windows applications. A
Windows application draws itself. An HTML document is a text document with
markup that tells a browser how to draw it. Because HTML documents (which is
what ASP.Net renders) are displayed on all kinds of machines and browsers,
there are sets of rules for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript that define how HTML
can be formatted, and as I mentioned, the rules are entirely different.

Here's a good cross-platform reference:
http://www.w3.org/

Also, the MSDN Library has a good reference (but some of it is proprietary
to IE):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...asp?frame=true

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

What You Seek Is What You Get.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

VHDL novice question ra VHDL 6 07-13-2004 03:17 AM
Cisco ACL (Novice Question) Dominic Cisco 2 01-31-2004 06:17 AM
Syntax error in update statement - novice question sean ASP .Net 2 12-02-2003 01:48 PM
Server Error in '/' Application - when executing stored query - novice question sean ASP .Net 0 12-02-2003 05:43 AM