Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FFox jumping into new tab mode; mouse wheel jumpinginto text size mode

FFox jumping into new tab mode; mouse wheel jumpinginto text size mode

kaplan3jiim@comcast.net

Occasionally Firefox seemingly on its own decides to start opening any
links in new tabs, instead of new windows.

Also occasionally the mouse scroll wheel will suddenly start
controlling text font size, rather than moving text up and down.

I suppose I must be activating this inadvertently with some keystroke
combo, but what is it (so i can advoid it). Or reverse it. Right now I
only know to close Firefox to reset the defaults.

TIA
Jim

gwtc

> Occasionally Firefox seemingly on its own decides to start opening any
> links in new tabs, instead of new windows.
>
> Also occasionally the mouse scroll wheel will suddenly start
> controlling text font size, rather than moving text up and down.
>
> I suppose I must be activating this inadvertently with some keystroke
> combo, but what is it (so i can advoid it). Or reverse it. Right now I
> only know to close Firefox to reset the defaults.
>
> TIA
> Jim

for tabs click on Tools, Options, Tabs, and fiddle around with the top
section.

for the scrolling, again, Tools, Options, Advanced, General tab, and
fiddle around in the Browsing section.

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made
using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.