Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > regarding programming languages

regarding programming languages

jogaraobv@gmail.com

hi

i know only programming language 'C' & with my civil engineering
background i got a job in a software company which develops civil
specific softwares

here i require the knowledge of VB,VC++

Out of these two can you please tell me, learning which language will
be advantageous & learning which language will be easier for me with
'C' background

regards

Alan Silver

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes
>hi
>
>i know only programming language 'C' & with my civil engineering
>background i got a job in a software company which develops civil
>specific softwares
>
>here i require the knowledge of VB,VC++
>
>Out of these two can you please tell me, learning which language will
>be advantageous & learning which language will be easier for me with
>'C' background

VC++ is just Microsoft's implementation of C++, so if you already know
C, you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up VC++. VB is an
entirely different language, much simpler, but different.

I don't know if you realise and were just not specific, but both VC++
and VB are outdated now. They have been replaced by .NET versions of the
same language. I wouldn't waste time learning the pre.NET versions as
they are a dwindling requirement in the marketplace.

HTH

--
Alan Silver

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQW50b24=?=

I know this wasn't on your list, but C# will probably be the easiest with
your background.
Otherwise, C++/CLI (the newest version of VC++) will be nearly as easy.
--
David Anton
www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> hi
>
> i know only programming language 'C' & with my civil engineering
> background i got a job in a software company which develops civil
> specific softwares
>
> here i require the knowledge of VB,VC++
>
> Out of these two can you please tell me, learning which language will
> be advantageous & learning which language will be easier for me with
> 'C' background
>
> regards

Alan Silver

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, David
Anton <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I know this wasn't on your list, but C# will probably be the easiest with
>your background.
>Otherwise, C++/CLI (the newest version of VC++) will be nearly as easy.

I was going to suggest C#, but he mentioned he's working in a company
that appears to require VB or VC++. That could restrict him.

--
Alan Silver