Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newbie: autosize

newbie: autosize

Jeff

Hey

asp.net 2.0

I've read (asp.net 2.0 documentation) that the Panel control in asp.net 2.0
supports a AutoSize property and a AutoSizeMode. I've checked in the my
property page of the Panel control on my webpage and I cannot find these
properties.... So how to I set the values of these properties?

Best Regards

Jeff

=?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=

I don't know what documentation you read but there is no such animal.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...roperties.aspx

--
-Demetri

"Jeff" wrote:

> Hey
>
> asp.net 2.0
>
> I've read (asp.net 2.0 documentation) that the Panel control in asp.net 2.0
> supports a AutoSize property and a AutoSizeMode. I've checked in the my
> property page of the Panel control on my webpage and I cannot find these
> properties.... So how to I set the values of these properties?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jeff

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The WINDOWS FORMS panel control supports these properties, but not the
ASP.NET version of the control.
You can get a similar effect in ASP.NET by clearing the width and height
properties of the panel.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey
>
> asp.net 2.0
>
> I've read (asp.net 2.0 documentation) that the Panel control in asp.net
> 2.0 supports a AutoSize property and a AutoSizeMode. I've checked in the
> my property page of the Panel control on my webpage and I cannot find
> these properties.... So how to I set the values of these properties?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jeff

Jeff

Thanks, I just a got a question related to your post:

I have another master page (masterpage.master) and webpage where in the
webpage (lets call it default.aspx) contains a label control. During runtime
this label control gets many rows of data (it get it's value from the
database, and the value contains many <BR/>).... This label control is
placed in the default.aspx in the ContentPlaceHolder named "content" (see
below)... But the Panel (see below) doesn't grow to fit the size of it's
controls. The Label control writes data pass the panel border. Check this
link: http://home.online.no/~au-holme/pub/66303/autosize.PNG at this link
you see the label control has a green background... it writes pass the panel
and continues to writes on the Document... But I want the panel to shrink &
grow according to it's content...

Master page :
<aspanel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Style="z-index: 100; left: 165px;
position: absolute; top: 107px" Width="602px" CssClass="profile_info">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="content" runat="server">
&nbsp;</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</aspanel>
<aspanel ID="Panel2" runat="server" Height="649px" Style="z-index: 101;
left: 3px;
position: absolute; top: 109px" Width="156px">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="sidebar" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</aspanel>

..profile_info
{
height:100%;
background-color:Green;
color:Red;
}

This is the label control in default.aspx:
<asp:Label ID="lblInfo" runat="server" Style="z-index: 107; left: 5px;
position: absolute; top: 232px" Width="589px"></asp:Label>

Any suggestions to how I can make this panel shrink & grow to fit it's
contents?

Jeff

news:(E-Mail Removed)...