Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dragging Control to Content Page

Dragging Control to Content Page

ghostwolf

Hi, I've created a Master Page and there is another page "A.aspx" which
links to this Master Page. But why I can't drag n drop the Control from the
Toolbox to the "ContentPlaceHolder" in "A.aspx". As I know, the Master Page
is as a template of other pages, that means, we can use this template to
create several pages with different details. Thus, it should be allowed to
me for putting different items in the A.aspx. Thanks in millions.

=?Utf-8?B?SWJyYWhpbSBTaGFtZWVxdWU=?=

You could do that from the master page, can't you?
--
---------------------------
Thanks,

"ghostwolf" wrote:

> Hi, I've created a Master Page and there is another page "A.aspx" which
> links to this Master Page. But why I can't drag n drop the Control from the
> Toolbox to the "ContentPlaceHolder" in "A.aspx". As I know, the Master Page
> is as a template of other pages, that means, we can use this template to
> create several pages with different details. Thus, it should be allowed to
> me for putting different items in the A.aspx. Thanks in millions.

Mario Vázquez

The designer does not let you do this because probably you don't have a
Content control in your A.aspx.
At design time you can automaticaly add it with the context menu that
appears when you click on the contentPlaceHolder in A.aspx.
Ever you insert an asp:Content control in a page linked to a master, the
master content will be replaced with the content of this content control.
So, if you don't insert a content control, the master content will be taken.

Hope this will help you

Mario Vázquez

news:(E-Mail Removed)...