Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using one webform to set a value on another webform

Using one webform to set a value on another webform

=?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=

All,

I have a webform e.g. a.aspx that contains an a table of 2 cols 1 row. In
col1 I have an IFRAME and in col2 I have some labels/text boxes. Now the
IFRAME source is say 'b.aspx' that retrieves some data from the database in
the code behind. Using this data I would like to populate my
labels/textboxes on the a.aspx page i.e. col2 from b.aspx codebehind is this
possible and how?

Thanks
Msuk

One of the issues you'll run into here is the fact that a FRAME / IFRAME is
strictly a client-side (in the browser) phenomenon. So, you'll need to use
client script to handle this type of thing. You can get a reference to the
DOM of the Parent page with window.parent.

Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com