Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > A must-read article: Keep Sites Running Smoothly By Avoiding These 10 Common ASP.NET Pitfalls

A must-read article: Keep Sites Running Smoothly By Avoiding These 10 Common ASP.NET Pitfalls

Juan T. Llibre

This article by Jeff Prosise is a must-read for ASP.NET programmers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=

> This article by Jeff Prosise is a must-read for ASP.NET programmers:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx

Bookmarked. Thanks Juan.

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This article by Jeff Prosise is a must-read for ASP.NET programmers:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx

Excellent article.

Aemca

agreed

Jon Paal

Silly me, all this time I have been worrying about things like getting my gridview to display properly, when I should have been
worrying about subtleties of "Profile Property Serialization" and "Thread Pool Saturation".

Juan T. Llibre

Is there anything in the gridview, which Scott Mitchel
doesn't cover in this article, giving you headaches :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...GridViewEx.asp

???

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Jon Paal" <Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Silly me, all this time I have been worrying about things like getting my gridview to display
> properly, when I should have been worrying about subtleties of "Profile Property Serialization"
> and "Thread Pool Saturation".

Jon Paal

it's always good to push up the 'ol post count, eh Juan

Juan T. Llibre

You are mischaracterizing me.

You posted a leading statement :
"I have been worrying about things like getting my gridview to display properly"
....and I asked you whether you are having problems which Scott hasn't answered.

Are you...or are you not ? That's *all* I'm interested in.

If you are having problems which Scott didn't cover, please outline them.
In that case, someone here may be able to help you.

If you are not, then *your* post was a flippant post.
Flippant posts are OK, and can be ignored, but -please- don't project your flippancy on me.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Jon Paal" <Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> it's always good to push up the 'ol post count, eh Juan

Jon Paal

You should recognize a little humor when you see it Juan and quote accurately.

To be accurate, my first post, in obvious jest, was:

"Silly me, all this time I have been worrying about things like getting my gridview to display properly, when I should have been
worrying about subtleties of "Profile Property Serialization" and "Thread Pool Saturation".

You are taking things too seriously...try to lighten up.

"Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are mischaracterizing me.
>
> You posted a leading statement :
> "I have been worrying about things like getting my gridview to display properly"
> ...and I asked you whether you are having problems which Scott hasn't answered.
>
> Are you...or are you not ? That's *all* I'm interested in.
>
> If you are having problems which Scott didn't cover, please outline them.
> In that case, someone here may be able to help you.
>
> If you are not, then *your* post was a flippant post.
> Flippant posts are OK, and can be ignored, but -please- don't project your flippancy on me.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Jon Paal" <Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> it's always good to push up the 'ol post count, eh Juan

Juan T. Llibre

Sorry, Jon.
I don't see comments like "push up the 'ol post count" as funny.

No problem, though.