Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Get Function to Run after Page Loaded on Client

Get Function to Run after Page Loaded on Client

ree321@gmail.com

Is there a way to get an ASP.net Function to run after the page has
been loaded onto the client

I need to run a function that will fetch the folder sizes of a whole
drive. As you could guess this takes so long. So I want it to run
after the page has been rendered to the client. As I was planning on
using AJAX support (from Anthem.net) to update the page as the folder
size function was running.

I have tried running this in Page_Unload but its still waits for the
Foldersize function to finish before rendering the page on to the
client. Then I tried running the FolderSize function as a web service
but it still waits for the web service to return a value before
rendering the page to the user.

Is there a way to achieve this? and is there a term for this scenario,
so I can search about it on the internet.

Eliyahu Goldin

Are you talking about the folders on the server or on the client?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is there a way to get an ASP.net Function to run after the page has
> been loaded onto the client
>
> I need to run a function that will fetch the folder sizes of a whole
> drive. As you could guess this takes so long. So I want it to run
> after the page has been rendered to the client. As I was planning on
> using AJAX support (from Anthem.net) to update the page as the folder
> size function was running.
>
> I have tried running this in Page_Unload but its still waits for the
> Foldersize function to finish before rendering the page on to the
> client. Then I tried running the FolderSize function as a web service
> but it still waits for the web service to return a value before
> rendering the page to the user.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? and is there a term for this scenario,
> so I can search about it on the internet.

Shawn

You could start a new thread that calculates the folder size.
http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2002_11...tures/chester/

Shawn

[...]

The server side