Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DHCP relay through a site-to-site VPN

DHCP relay through a site-to-site VPN

brokentwig brokentwig is offline
Junior Member

I had a very similar issue as above. I couldn't really find an answer on how to relay dhcp requests through a tunnel. I called the TAC and got the answer. Turns out the dhcprelay uses the outside address of the PIX as the source address. You have to add the outside address to the interesting traffic ACL (match address) as well as the nat 0 ACL:

access-list NoNAT permit IP outside_address dhcpserver_address
access-list VPN_Interesting permit IP outside_address dhcpserver_address

And the reverse on the other end. Works like a champ.

DHCP relay and VPN RC Cisco 0 12-08-2006 11:22 PM
DHCP Relay through VPN inf2700 Cisco 0 09-27-2006 04:18 PM
dns relay(through dhcp)... Captain Cisco 4 07-30-2006 02:53 AM
Cisco VPN 3005 and DHCP relay Rutger Blom Cisco 0 05-25-2004 07:58 PM

Advertisments