Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET Integration with ASP 3

ASP.NET Integration with ASP 3

Melk

Hi,

I developed many complete asp.net solutions by VS2005 without problems;
but now I have to integrate and replace some pages of a big existing
project built in asp 3.0.
I tried to compose a new solution importing the existing asp pages, but
during execution errors told me that asp pages is not valid format.
So I tried to put only the new ASPX page on the server, inside the
existing structures, but the pages doesn't recognize the path
structures, the only one solution I found is to putting all the related
docs (like class and Web User Controls) inside the same path of the
aspx... but I can't copy this each page...

Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!

Thank you

Melk

Hans Kesting

> Hi,
>
> I developed many complete asp.net solutions by VS2005 without problems; but
> now I have to integrate and replace some pages of a big existing project
> built in asp 3.0.
> I tried to compose a new solution importing the existing asp pages, but
> during execution errors told me that asp pages is not valid format.
> So I tried to put only the new ASPX page on the server, inside the existing
> structures, but the pages doesn't recognize the path structures, the only one
> solution I found is to putting all the related docs (like class and Web User
> Controls) inside the same path of the aspx... but I can't copy this each
> page...
>
> Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!
>
> Thank you
>
> Melk

Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same
directory, they still would be two separate applications. You can't
share information except through querystring and postdata.
A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.
Both have a Session, but they work very differently.
Maybe you can have the asp.net webapp in a subdirectory (separate
application in IIS) of the asp3 webapp.

Hans Kesting

Mark Rae

"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same directory,
> they still would be two separate applications.

That's certainly true.

> You can't share information except through querystring and postdata.

Not true at all - both ASP and ASP.NET are perfectly capable of interfacing
with a relational database, reading an XML document, even reading a text
file... There are plenty ways of making them work together... However,
whether that's a sensible solution or not is a different matter...

> A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.

Of course it would - if it was written that way, e.g. via a database
backend...

asp/asp.net integration John ASP .Net 1 02-08-2007 09:33 PM
General question about ASP .NET and HTML integration Baldy ASP .Net 1 10-17-2004 03:11 PM
ASP .NET integration question nospam ASP .Net 1 10-11-2004 09:20 PM
Re: Best Practices - VSS integration with VS.NET, migrating our Classic ASP projects news.microsoft.com ASP .Net 0 05-03-2004 08:29 PM
RE: ASP State Integration Mike Moore [MSFT] ASP .Net 2 01-09-2004 07:53 PM

Advertisments