Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > strange file upload behaviour (404 with one pdf but not with another)

strange file upload behaviour (404 with one pdf but not with another)

mikecom@gmx.net

Hi

Maybe there is an oracle out there who can help.

I have an aspx site and a simple fileupload control on it.
Everything works fine except:
I can reproduce an 404 error when trying to upload some files.
It only happens when trying to upload PDF Files, and not on every PDF
File.

Let me illustrate this
xy.pdf - upload no problem
ab.pdf - 404 - Cannot find server or DNS Error

There are more pdf's where the problem occurs and also some others
where it does not..

The error comes within a millisecond as if IE does not try to upload.

What the heck is this...?

neilmcguigan@gmail.com

i bet you the one that doesn't work is over 4 megs right?

> Hi
>
> Maybe there is an oracle out there who can help.
>
> I have an aspx site and a simple fileupload control on it.
> Everything works fine except:
> I can reproduce an 404 error when trying to upload some files.
> It only happens when trying to upload PDF Files, and not on every PDF
> File.
>
> Let me illustrate this
> xy.pdf - upload no problem
> ab.pdf - 404 - Cannot find server or DNS Error
>
> There are more pdf's where the problem occurs and also some others
> where it does not..
>
> The error comes within a millisecond as if IE does not try to upload.
>
> What the heck is this...?

neilmcguigan@gmail.com

max upload size in asp.net is 4 MB

you can change this in web.config:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="size in kbytes" />

asp.net uploads files into memory, so a 1 GB upload will take 1 GB of
memory on your server. if you want to upload big files, you'll need to
buy an upload component that streams uploaded files to disk.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi
>
> Maybe there is an oracle out there who can help.
>
> I have an aspx site and a simple fileupload control on it.
> Everything works fine except:
> I can reproduce an 404 error when trying to upload some files.
> It only happens when trying to upload PDF Files, and not on every PDF
> File.
>
> Let me illustrate this
> xy.pdf - upload no problem
> ab.pdf - 404 - Cannot find server or DNS Error
>
> There are more pdf's where the problem occurs and also some others
> where it does not..
>
> The error comes within a millisecond as if IE does not try to upload.
>
> What the heck is this...?

mikecom@gmx.net

Bet won!

That was the problem...