Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Binding XML document to a GridView

Binding XML document to a GridView

Rotsey

Has anyone had any success binding a XML doc to a Gridview tha includes a
Delete and Edit columns.????????????

Emphasis on the Delete and Edit columns as I found this very difficult

It is easy to just load a dataset with the ReadXML and bind to the grid but
try binding to XMLDataSource and be able to edit and delete

I challenge you!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Malcolm,

If you're looking for an updateable XMLDataSource, try here? There's sample
code for what you want to do:

http://www.chaliy.com/Sources/UpdatableXmlDataSource/

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone had any success binding a XML doc to a Gridview tha includes a
> Delete and Edit columns.????????????
>
> Emphasis on the Delete and Edit columns as I found this very difficult
>
> It is easy to just load a dataset with the ReadXML and bind to the grid
> but try binding to XMLDataSource and be able to edit and delete
>
> I challenge you!

vamsi vamsi is offline
Junior Member

Hi Rotsey,

Good Morning,

Did you find any way to bind an XML doc to a Gridview that includes a
Delete and Edit columns.???????????

if you konw please tell me.

i got the same requirement and i am unable to get it.

Thanks & Regards,
vamsi.kethineni

sofwareengineerpuneet sofwareengineerpuneet is offline
Junior Member

Hi Rotsey,

Good Morning,

Did you find any way to bind an XML doc to a Gridview that includes a
Delete and Edit columns.???????????

if you konw please tell me.

i got the same requirement and i am unable to get it.

Thanks & Regards,
vamsi.kethineni

Your Answer:
Dataset ds = new Dataset();
ds.ReadXml (Server.MapPath("your xml file path"));
gridview1.datasourceid = null;
gridview1.datasource = ds;
gridview1.databind();