Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Actual name instead of user name for "username" control

Actual name instead of user name for "username" control

Smokey Grindle

I am using of course the login membership manager in asp.net 2.0, and am
using the loginname control to display the current login name logged in,
however, I'd rather display the users "actual name" instead of this... is
there a quick way to do this? I have a custom membership provider I coded,
so I can make changes to that if needed... but then I have a database table
with this info

Username
RealName
Password

instead of the username showing, is there a quick way to replace it with the
real name? or is writing a custom control in order here? thanks!