Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Project Setup Virtual Directory Error

Web Project Setup Virtual Directory Error

sheridans@gmail.com

I have setup a Web Setup Project to my Solution by going to Add New
Project => Setup and Deployment => Web Setup Project. Everything
builds correctly and I get a working Setup.exe and .msi file. The
install process runs exactly as expected and all of my files are placed
into whatever directory I specified.

Then I open IE, point it to my new website and get this error:

"Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

Source Error:

Line 6: machine.config.comments usually located in
Line 7: \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config
Line 8: --><configuration
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
Line 9: <!--
Line 10: The configSections define a section for ASP.NET Atlas.

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Deploy\web.config Line: 8 "

Now, I figured out what the problem was pretty quickly. Going into IIS
I opened the properties of the new Virtual Directory Setup.exe had
created, went to the ASP.NET tab, and (as I suspected) found that the
ASP.NET Version was set to 1.1. I changed it to 2.0 and everything
worked exactly as it should.

So, here is my question... how do I fix this in the installer? I want
to send a Setup.exe file to a client and tell them, "Just run this."
not "Just run this, then open IIS..."

Thanks in Advance
Sheridan