Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > keeping MsgBoxes on top

keeping MsgBoxes on top

Adam Sandler

Hello,

In VWD 2005, I have some code which send out confirmations before
transactions are executed. The code for such confirmations sometimes
involves MsgBox(). Sometimes, when the MsgBox code is called, the
resulting message box appears beneath the webpage. The only clue the
user has in shuch as case that they need to respond is the icon for the
message box appears in the taskbar How do I always keep message boxes
to stay on top of all other windows on the screen?

Thanks!

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

set the focus to the popup window.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Adam Sandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> In VWD 2005, I have some code which send out confirmations before
> transactions are executed. The code for such confirmations sometimes
> involves MsgBox(). Sometimes, when the MsgBox code is called, the
> resulting message box appears beneath the webpage. The only clue the
> user has in shuch as case that they need to respond is the icon for the
> message box appears in the taskbar How do I always keep message boxes
> to stay on top of all other windows on the screen?
>
> Thanks!

Adam Sandler

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using a popup... MsgBoxes are
different... I purposely don't want to use a popup because of popup
blockers. I don't see a focus property in the API for MsgBox...
please advise. Thanks!

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) wrote:
> set the focus to the popup window.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> "Adam Sandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > In VWD 2005, I have some code which send out confirmations before
> > transactions are executed. The code for such confirmations sometimes
> > involves MsgBox(). Sometimes, when the MsgBox code is called, the
> > resulting message box appears beneath the webpage. The only clue the
> > user has in shuch as case that they need to respond is the icon for the
> > message box appears in the taskbar How do I always keep message boxes
> > to stay on top of all other windows on the screen?
> >
> > Thanks!

Ray Booysen

If you're using ASP.NET you can't use the msgbox. The only way to popup
a message type box in the web environment is either your own popup type
web form or the javascript alert() method.