Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to trigger an action by clicking in a field of detailsview?

how to trigger an action by clicking in a field of detailsview?

André

Hi,

is it possible to trigger an action (e.g. make visible a button) when
clicking in a particular field of a detailsview? I think is it, but how?

I tried it on several ways, but no succes.
Doing this on client-side raises the problem: how to get the field in the
javascript code, because the tag <asp:boundfield DataField=... > does not
contain the element "ID" nor it's possibel to use onclick="..'

In code-behind, i can get the fieldname, but can't give the focus to it:
Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
Dim a As DataControlField
Dim b As String
a = DetailsView1.Fields(5)

Please any hints would be welcome
Thanks in advance
André

Winista

This article should give you a starting point.

http://www.netomatix.com/development...ideAccess.aspx

Winista
http://www.universalshoppingmall.com

"André" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e1WM$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to trigger an action (e.g. make visible a button) when
> clicking in a particular field of a detailsview? I think is it, but how?
>
> I tried it on several ways, but no succes.
> Doing this on client-side raises the problem: how to get the field in the
> javascript code, because the tag <asp:boundfield DataField=... > does not
> contain the element "ID" nor it's possibel to use onclick="..'
>
> In code-behind, i can get the fieldname, but can't give the focus to it:
> Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
> Dim a As DataControlField
> Dim b As String
> a = DetailsView1.Fields(5)
>
> Please any hints would be welcome