Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Javascript in ASP.NET

Javascript in ASP.NET

Peter Afonin

hello,

I've been using Javascript in ASP.Net before, but I cannot figure out how to
solve this particular puzzle. I was mostly registering JS at startup, but
this is not a case.

The task is very trivial: The Sub is running, when certain condition is met,
the user gets a message box with OK and Cancel buttons, asking him, whether
he wants to continue. If he clicks OK, the routine keeps running, if
Cancel - the Sub exits. That's it, a very common task in Windows
applications. Is it possible to do the same in ASP.NET?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Eliyahu Goldin

Peter,

You need to call javascript method window.confirm(...);

Eliyahu

"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
>
> I've been using Javascript in ASP.Net before, but I cannot figure out how
> to solve this particular puzzle. I was mostly registering JS at startup,
> but this is not a case.
>
> The task is very trivial: The Sub is running, when certain condition is
> met, the user gets a message box with OK and Cancel buttons, asking him,
> whether he wants to continue. If he clicks OK, the routine keeps running,
> if Cancel - the Sub exits. That's it, a very common task in Windows
> applications. Is it possible to do the same in ASP.NET?
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=

> The task is very trivial: The Sub is running, when certain condition is met,
> the user gets a message box with OK and Cancel buttons, asking him, whether
> he wants to continue. If he clicks OK, the routine keeps running, if
> Cancel - the Sub exits. That's it, a very common task in Windows
> applications. Is it possible to do the same in ASP.NET?

If you mean the sub is a server side process and you want to pop up a
JavaScript dialog to the web user part way through, then no. You'll have to
perform part of the processing, request information from the user, then start
a new sub with the previous data and any new information the user supplies.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The JavaScript "Confirm" method should do the trick.

Here are the details, along with some free components that will do it for
you:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
>
> I've been using Javascript in ASP.Net before, but I cannot figure out how
> to solve this particular puzzle. I was mostly registering JS at startup,
> but this is not a case.
>
> The task is very trivial: The Sub is running, when certain condition is
> met, the user gets a message box with OK and Cancel buttons, asking him,
> whether he wants to continue. If he clicks OK, the routine keeps running,
> if Cancel - the Sub exits. That's it, a very common task in Windows
> applications. Is it possible to do the same in ASP.NET?
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin