Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Profiles: Using Groups when the Profile is defined in code

Profiles: Using Groups when the Profile is defined in code

Ryan Adler

We would like to use the Profiles in ASP.NET 2.0, and I have started a few
tests. I have created our own provider to connect to our data source, and
this is working fine. I have also gone ahead and created our own Profile
class, derived from ProfileBase. I added and tested a few properties, and
everything works perfectly.
The problem I have is, we would like to use the property groups which are
available if the profile is defined in the Web.Config file, but I can't seem
to find out how to use them if the profile is defined in a custom class. I
would really like to avoid having the profile defined in Web.Config, and it
would be extremely helpful to have grouped properties, as there are quite
alot that we will have to use.
Does anyone know how this can be done?