Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Example for Using the new 2.0 Menu

Example for Using the new 2.0 Menu

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

I am looking for an example of how to build a menu from code hind.
I need to be able to use images for the top navigation and set the
orientation horizontal.

Does anyone have an example I can use to get started?

Thanks

Tom

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Does anyone have an example I can use to get started?

1) Launch your Internet browser (e.g. IE, FireFox, Netcape, Opera etc)

2) Navigate to http://www.google.com

3) Enter the text below in the box:

"<asp:Menu" example

4) Hit the button

=?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=

Here is a site with examples of populating a Menu from various data sources.

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/menu/P...ontrolASP2.asp

--
-Demetri

"Tom" wrote:

> I am looking for an example of how to build a menu from code hind.
> I need to be able to use images for the top navigation and set the
> orientation horizontal.
>
> Does anyone have an example I can use to get started?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Mark Rae

"Demetri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Here is a site with examples of populating a Menu from various data
> sources.
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/cs/menu/P...ontrolASP2.asp

Thanks for this, but I know how to populate the <asp:Menu control...

I was actually interested in getting an idea of how people rate it against
other (3rd-party) solutions which they'd used prior to v2 (when there wasn't
a built-in <asp:Menu> control, and how they were using it.

Still am, in fact...

How are you using this control? Do you prefer it to whatever you used to
use?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=

I am confused, are you Tom? I did answer the question he asked I believe.

But, to answer yours, I am a strong proponent of Microsoft products. The
reason being is that I'd much rather have something constructed by the source
than a 3rd party. My basis for that is, go take a look at the controls
themselves using Reflector, they are EXTREMELY well constructed with
extensibility in mind.

In addition, third party components (most of them at least) are not as
simple as drag and drop. Rather, they require you to copy scripts, manually
make references to stylesheets and scripts. Microsoft understand that most
people don't want to be bothered with all of that but like the ease of drag
and drop and get to more important things.

Anyway, that's my 30 second 2 cents worth.
--
-Demetri

"Mark Rae" wrote:

> "Demetri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Here is a site with examples of populating a Menu from various data
> > sources.
> >
> > http://www.codeproject.com/cs/menu/P...ontrolASP2.asp

> Thanks for this, but I know how to populate the <asp:Menu control...
>
> I was actually interested in getting an idea of how people rate it against
> other (3rd-party) solutions which they'd used prior to v2 (when there wasn't
> a built-in <asp:Menu> control, and how they were using it.
>
> Still am, in fact...
>
> How are you using this control? Do you prefer it to whatever you used to
> use?

Python 2.4.4 Tkinter GUI Example for Modeless Dialog with Menu, Edit,List, Buttons, File Save etc. My Python Python 3 06-17-2010 06:56 AM
using asp:menu to create drop down menu Steve Richter ASP .Net 2 06-05-2007 01:26 PM
Vertical menu example Nino Katic HTML 4 11-12-2005 06:40 PM
Dumb question about using a <SELECT> menu to change the state of<SELECT> menu... Bonge Boo! Javascript 5 04-25-2005 10:49 PM
'example.com' == 'example.com.' => false... is this intended? Sam Roberts Ruby 15 02-07-2005 04:36 PM

Advertisments