Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Infrequent exception in Asp.net 2.0 application

Infrequent exception in Asp.net 2.0 application

torgeirh@hotmail.com

When posting back data I get the following exception:
"Validation of ViewState MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a
Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machinekey> configuration specifies
the same validationkey and validation algorithm. Autogenerate cannot be
used in a cluster."

The exception occurs at random when posting back data. We are not using
a web farm or a cluster.

Torgeir Helgevold
torgeir.helgevold(AT)bekk.no