Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net 2.0 web control public property problems

asp.net 2.0 web control public property problems

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0F1cml0?=

Im writing my first asp.net 2.0 app, and wrote a small part of it as a web
control.
I dragged it on the webform and that looks ok, but in the codebehind I dont
see any of the public properties. The control works ok when I run the page
in my browser, but I cant get into it programatically.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My research has so fast let me
pretty frustrated.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0F1cml0?=

Ive gotten a little further ... in my aspx I can see the properties in the
..ascx control and set them. However when I run through it in the debugger I
can see that the properties are being correctlly set in the events in the
..ascx file, but when control goes back to the aspx I only see the values I
set in the properies.

The controls in the .ascx all have autopostback=true, there isnt a "submit"
button on it.

"MarkAurit" wrote:

> Im writing my first asp.net 2.0 app, and wrote a small part of it as a web
> control.
> I dragged it on the webform and that looks ok, but in the codebehind I dont
> see any of the public properties. The control works ok when I run the page
> in my browser, but I cant get into it programatically.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. My research has so fast let me
> pretty frustrated.

clintonG

Why not discuss this at

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

"MarkAurit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ive gotten a little further ... in my aspx I can see the properties in the
> .ascx control and set them. However when I run through it in the debugger
> can see that the properties are being correctlly set in the events in the
> .ascx file, but when control goes back to the aspx I only see the values I
> set in the properies.
>
> The controls in the .ascx all have autopostback=true, there isnt a
> "submit"
> button on it.
>
> "MarkAurit" wrote:
>
>> Im writing my first asp.net 2.0 app, and wrote a small part of it as a
>> web
>> control.
>> I dragged it on the webform and that looks ok, but in the codebehind I
>> dont
>> see any of the public properties. The control works ok when I run the
>> page
>> in my browser, but I cant get into it programatically.
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated. My research has so fast let me
>> pretty frustrated.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0F1cml0?=

aspnet.buildingcontrols or aspnet.webcontrols?

"clintonG" wrote:

> Why not discuss this at
>

> <%= Clinton Gallagher
> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
> URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/
>

> "MarkAurit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ive gotten a little further ... in my aspx I can see the properties in the
> > .ascx control and set them. However when I run through it in the debugger
> > can see that the properties are being correctlly set in the events in the
> > .ascx file, but when control goes back to the aspx I only see the values I
> > set in the properies.
> >
> > The controls in the .ascx all have autopostback=true, there isnt a
> > "submit"
> > button on it.
> >
> > "MarkAurit" wrote:
> >
> >> Im writing my first asp.net 2.0 app, and wrote a small part of it as a
> >> web
> >> control.
> >> I dragged it on the webform and that looks ok, but in the codebehind I
> >> dont
> >> see any of the public properties. The control works ok when I run the
> >> page
> >> in my browser, but I cant get into it programatically.
> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated. My research has so fast let me
> >> pretty frustrated.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0F1cml0?=

The "solution" was not to 1) place the values of the controls in literals and
2) expose the literals via properties. I had not been doing 1).